Wednesday, June 3, 2015

mm

Whenever my dad is in the same room as me (or anyone) he can't just sit there and do his own thing. He can't just do whatever he's doing on his laptop, he can't just watch television, he can't just sit somewhere- he has to talk. My sister and I will be watching a show and he'll come in and start talking to us even though we are clearly busy (and then get upset when we pause it to actually listen which is silly). If I'm on my computer and he's on his he makes all of these off handed comments, and if you don't respond to them he gets upset. 

He doesn't' understand just sitting somewhere and existing, he has to be /doing/. He has to be the center of attention and busy and doing the most work and the most important things and I wish he'd just let things be.

Just let us be.